Sprawling across 15 waterfront acres, Balboa Bay Resort is one of the top hotels in Newport Beach. This Mediterranean-style hotel is complete with a design of casual elegance and timeless style, using the colors of the sea, sand, and sky, along with natural material and modern furnishings that reflect the area’s casual luxury.
Conveniently situated just off Pacific Coast Highway, visitors and locals alike can savor culinary delights at their signature restaurant, Waterline, complete with a captivating water to table experience, fresh seafood, and a unique chef-driven concept. Or, enjoy their rustic waterfront gastropub, A&O Kitchen+Bar, where guests can enjoy shared plates, hearty dishes, creative cocktails, and craft beers.
Take advantage of the exquisite Southern California weather with 6,000 square feet of outdoor event space that can accommodate a variety of meetings and celebrations.
Whether you’re coming for a surf trip with the family or friends, a romantic getaway, or a private event, the Balboa Bay Resort gives you access to the thumping beachbreaks of Newport Beach and the charm of Newport Harbor.
World Wave Expeditions can help coordinate a visit to any Meritage Collection Hotel. For more information about Balboa Bay Resort, Newport Beach and the best time of year to surf in this area feel free to use the information below the break and send us your questions.
Each guest room has been enhanced with fresh, modern, and contemporary furnishings, including stylish platform beds in rich espresso wood tones featuring individual reading lights, upholstered headboards, pillow top mattresses, and luxury bedding by Frette. Beautifully custom-designed shams, pillows, and throws in varying shades of blue complete the sea side experience. Types of rooms available include:
• 500sq ft Guestrooms
• 900sq ft Luxury Suites
• ADA Rooms
Savory flavors come to life at Balboa Bay Resort’s waterfront restaurants in Newport Beach, CA, offering contemporary and casual dining options, featuring high-quality cuisine in three idyllic settings along Newport Harbor. Guests of Balboa Bay Resort can also enjoy in-room dining in the privacy of their Guestroom or Suite, available 24 hours a day.
• Waterline Newport Beach, California coastal seafood-inspired full service restaurant along the waterfront
• A&O Kitchen+Bar, our waterfront gastropub offering a fun and whimsical menu, beers on tap, and creative cocktails along the water’s edge
• Blend offers freshly brewed coffee, pastries, paninis, and more
• Complimentary coffee service on weekdays from 6:00 am – 9:00 am and from 6:00am – 10:00am on weekends
• Complimentary wine reception in our resort lobby from 4:00 pm -5:00 pm on Friday and Saturday afternoons
• Private Dining rooms and room service available
Thoughtfully designed for comfort and indulgence, their amenities are built on the five pillars of Health & Wellness, Outdoor Activities, Culinary & Wine, Arts & Culture, and Spiritual Enrichment to provide their guests with the ultimate Newport Beach getaway.
Health and Wellness
• Full-service spa complete with 9 treatment rooms
• On-site Bayside Salon
• 24-hour fitness studio
• Newly enhanced and refreshed pool locale
• ADA Accessibility
• Duffy boat, kayak, and paddle board rentals
• Nearby beaches, parks, and hiking trails
• Local attractions in Newport Beach, Los Angeles, and San Diego
• Large newly enhanced and refreshed outdoor pool with cabanas, pod seating and lounge chairs
• Pedego bike rentals
Arts and Culture
• Custom ocean-inspired artwork and sleek ombré drapery add to the refined, yet sumptuous design
• Attached balconies with cozy outdoor furniture
• Intelity® App controlled temperature and lighting
• On-site retail store: Bayfront Boutique
• Full-Service Valet with Numerous Accessible Entrances on Property
• All Public Areas are Accessible from Valet or Self-Parking
• Doorways to and within Accessible Guest Rooms are Wheelchair Accessible
• Accessible Check-in Counter
• Parking Facilities, Recreational Facilities (including Spa, Pool, and Fitness Studio), the Business Center, Food and Beverage Venues, and Meeting Rooms are all Accessible
• Accessible Guestrooms
From sunset cruises to kayak rentals, Newport Beach offers plenty of fun in the California sun. Fantastic weather, gorgeous beaches, celebrated art, and delicious restaurants allow our guests to make the most of their California beach vacation. Cruise down the boardwalk on a beach cruiser or spend the day at Fashion Island, where you’ll discover the finest shopping in the country.
Need help deciding what to do? Just ask the Concierge Services Team at Balboa Bay Resort and they’ll be happy to help with your entertainment arrangements.
Fitness and Recreation
Explore the harbor by renting an electric Duffy boats, which seats up to 12 people and are ideal for cruising around the bay. For a more active tour, opt for a one or two-person kayak or stand up paddle board. Those looking for a more laid-back experience can take a dip in the refreshing swimming pool. Additionally, their Concierge is available to help arrange anything, from a spontaneous hike and picnic lunch to an extraordinary helicopter tour of the Southern California coast.
The on-site fitness studio is open 24 hours a day and is well stocked with all of the amenities of a major health club, including fresh fruit, water, and towels, and offers a range of fitness equipment from Precor and Paramount, including three treadmills, an elliptical, and a stationary bike, as well as, weight machines, free weights, steps, exercise balls, and mats for stretching and yoga.
Their resort spa in Newport Beach is the ultimate escape for health and relaxation. Surrender to a complete menu of traditional and signature massage services, skin treatments, and body therapies using only the finest ingredients from around the world, along with whirlpools, steam rooms, and saunas.
Balboa Bay Resort welcomes business and individual events with flexible meeting space and a courteous staff. An intimate setting along Newport coast, they offer all the capabilities of a large-scale conference resort. Indoor and outdoor spaces for meetings include ballrooms, a bay front lawn, and numerous private rooms with attached terraces to take in all the gorgeous California views.