A Santa Cruz favorite for surfing, sunsets and the freshest seafood, the Dream Inn is a beloved local landmark on the historic Beach Boardwalk. Effortlessly captivating longtime guests with its colorful retro-chic style while delighting newcomers who appreciate modern services and amenities, this full-service beachfront hotel features 165 guest rooms (all with ocean views), an outdoor pool steps from the sand, exceptional seasonal cuisine at Aquarius, drinks at Jack O’Neill Lounge. Its location offers central and easy access to all the waves Santa Cruz has to offer, most notably Steamer Lane.
World Wave Expeditions can help coordinate a visit to any Santa Cruz location, for more information about The Dream Inn and the best time of year to surf in this area feel free to use the information below the break and send us your questions.
Santa Cruz’s only beachfront hotel, the four-star Dream Inn offers something for everyone. Monterey Bay sunsets from your private balcony, surfing and paddle-boarding on world-famous Cowell Beach, easy access to historic Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk and University of California Santa Cruz. Our boutique hotel features 165 air-conditioned guest rooms with thoughtful amenities like iPod docking stations and refrigerators, free WiFi and rainfall showers.
Incredible Bay Views and retro-chic rooms. 5 total categories of rooms including:
• Ocean View Deluxe
• Ocean View Cloud
• Ocean View Cathedral Executive
• Ocean View Suite
• Ocean View Infinity
In room services and amenities include:
• Laptop-sized safe
• Keurig coffeemaker and premium coffee
• Walk-in shower with detachable rain water shower head (unless otherwise noted)
• Private balcony or patio with sweeping views of Monterey Bay
• 42” flat-screen TV
• iPod docking station
• Iron and ironing board
• Complimentary WiFi
If they had to choose just one word to describe their culinary point of view, they’d say inspired. Fresh seafood, produce from nearby organic farms, local wineries…it all comes together in menus that sparkle with flavor and originality. Whether you’re dining with your toes (nearly) in the sand at Aquarius or heading to surfer-chic Jack O’Neill Lounge for a microbrew and a side of fish tacos, the settings and menu selections are nothing short of inspiring. And if you’re too wiped to walk downstairs, we’ll bring it all to you. Just say the word.
Services and Amenities
• Outdoor heated beachfront swimming pool and hot tub
• Seasonal pool bar “Shorebreak Drink + Dine”: serving Noon – sunset (full bar and small bites)
• Direct access to Cowell’s beach
• 24-Hour front desk
• Concierge services – 7am – 11pm
• On-site 24 hour ATM
• Non-smoking facility
• Laundry/dry cleaning service – outsourced and turned around in 24 hours
• Luggage, surfboard and bike storage
All Reservations Include:
• Complimentary coffee & water in the guestrooms
• Complimentary morning newspaper in lobby
• Concierge service available at the front desk – 7am – 11pm (toll free: 844-291-9681 or local: 831-740-8141)
• Access to renovated outdoor heated swimming pool & hot tub (Hours of operation – 7am-10pm)
• Complimentary Beach Cruisers – available first come first serve (inquire at valet desk)
• Saturday Morning Yoga (9:00 am on the Pool deck, unless otherwise noted)
• Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
• Room amenities include iron, Lather bath products, hairdryer and robe.
• All rates are for single or double occupancy unless specified otherwise. Additional Guests can be accommodated in the following room types:
• King room – Maximum occupancy = 3 adults
• Two Queen Room – Maximum occupancy = 4 adults
• CHILDREN: Maximum occupancy limitations for room types still apply.
• Roll Away Bed: $30 delivery fee, available first come first serve
• Cribs Pack & Play are available upon request