Located somewhere in East Indonesia, Tenggara Point Lodge is a brand new destination that delivers a perfect empty right reef point out front and a feeling of pure surf discovery for those fortunate enough to seek it. The Lodge marries bespoke east-Indonesian design and craftsmanship with a desire to create an understated, yet super comfortable dwelling. Four private bungalows accommodating up to 8 guests, a pool and a pavilion are set in a quiet, beautiful, and unspoiled Indonesian location.
The main attraction is the wave out front, Tenggara Point. A long, glorious right that can handle almost any size swell with no other surfers around; this is the reason you traveled here to surf for a week. Super fast and hollow up top, it eases up beautifully for a super fun racetrack for the last 150 yards or so. Although it does get Indo-style powerful and hollow, many days it resembles a beautiful California point break, but with an empty lineup and warm tropical water. This zone is open to the SW and SSW, and so every storm that transits the Indian Ocean sends swell here. There are other waves in the area accessible by boat but if the right out front breaking it’s difficult to justify surfing anywhere else.
Think the smell of clove cigarettes; think a small fleet of colourful fishing canoes at rest in the bay; think “Hello Mister!” greetings from friendly children; think misty mornings and rice paddies, think cumulous cloud buildup in the afternooons before welcome tropical rain; think all of this in a place that’s avoided the progress of development that’s changed the nature and culture of other areas of Indonesia.
There is nothing like this anywhere in the world, the dream stills exists at Tenggara Point Lodge!
Online Booking Calendar
HOW TO USE THE CALENDAR
• You can now check availability at Tenggara Point Lodge using the online reservation calendar.
• Navigate to your desired dates and click the date to open up the reservation detail page.
• Fill out all of the required information including your credit card information. This will “hold” your booking.
• Once we can double check your requested dates are open we will contact you and make plans to charge 25% of the booking total on the same card used to hold the reservation.
• You will receive confirmation and the next set of instructions once the deposit payment has processed.
TENGGARA POINT LODGE RATES – PER PERSON IN USD (4 BUNGALOWS TOTAL)
7 day trip: $5,600 Private Bungalow / $4,200 Shared Bungalow
10 day trip: $8,000 Private Bungalow / $6,000 Shared Bungalow
11 day trip: $8,000 Private Bungalow / $6,000 Shared Bungalow
ONLINE DEPOSIT AND FINAL PAYMENT TERMS
• Deposit required to “hold” your booking is US$0 PER PERSON. All that is required is to fill in the required information and include your credit card information. This will put a hold on the dates you want and give us an opportunity to make sure the spaces you have reserved are still open.
• Once we can confirm the availability an additional deposit up to 25% of the total price is required to confirm your booking. Deposits are non-refundable.
• The final balance is due 90 days before the trip starts and is non-refundable.
• Travel insurance with inclusion for Medivac is mandatory; details of Policy- Insurance Company and contact details to be forward to World Wave Expeditions 30 days before departure.
• A current passport with 6 months validity from date of entry to Indonesia required.
• Bookings made inside of 90 days require full payment within 7 days of confirmation.
• Meet and greet in Airport on arrival (includes porters).
• Return transfers Tenggara Point Lodge from Jakarta, Bali, or Lombok
• All surf transfers are included in your package and will be carried out in the comfort of our super-fast speedboats.
• Alcoholic beverages are available at our fully serviced bar.
• Access and uninterrupted views to the only resort- front break in the region. They’ll even run you out the back and pick you up!
• Three meals per day prepared by our chefs; should you have special dietary requirements please let us know in advance and we are more than happy to cater specifically for them.
• Use of all equipment and facilities at Tenggara Point Lodge, including fishing and snorkeling equipment, ping-pong, DVD with a huge selection of movies, CD player, SatTV, magazines, books, laundry service and much more.
• Unlimited drinking water.
• Complimentary hospitality offerings include fresh fruit such as bananas, watermelon, mandarins, apples or papaya, as well as tea, coffee, fruit juice and water. Attentive staff will attend to your needs at a moment’s notice.
• Also included in this package is the expert knowledge of your Australian guides who have been living and surfing in this part of Indonesia for 25 years!
Your All-Inclusive Price Includes:
• Meet and greet in Bali (includes porters).
• Return flight transfers out to Tenggara Point Lodge from Bali.
• All surf transfers are included in your package and will be carried out in the comfort of their speed boats.
• Three delightful meals per day prepared by their chefs; should you have special dietary requirements, please let us know in advance and we’re more than happy to cater specifically for you.
• Complimentary offerings include fresh fruit such as apples, bananas, rambutan, dragonfruit, pineapple, tangerines, as well as tea, coffee, and water.
• their attentive staff will attend to your needs at a moment’s notice.
• Bintang beer is included! Special requests for other beers, wine or liquor can be arranged per request.
• Use of all equipment and facilities at Tenggara Point Lodge, including fishing, SUP (suited for cruising, not surfing) and snorkeling equipment
• Tenggara offers a complementary surfboard repair service but ask you tip the staff member who has carried out the repair.
• The expert knowledge of your guides, who know this surf zone.
What is not included:
• International flights to and from Bali
• Luggage porter services
• Food and hotel accommodation while staying in Bali
The recipes at Tenggara Point Lodge have an emphasis on fresh healthy nourishment to maintain your energy levels through the lengthiest of surf sessions. It’s a great mix of Indonesian and western cuisine.
Meals are generally served in the main pavillion but can be brought to your bungalow. Fruit is always available. Remember to give us advance notice if you have any special dietary requirements or preferences!
Breakfast is generally yogurt and fruit, muesli, toast or cereal, with eggs on request. Breakfast is often served before the morning surf.
A casual affair served after guests return from their mid- morning surf session or expedition. Feel free to take lunch in the main pavillion,or enjoy it anywhere you choose!
A sit-down affair and highlight of the day.Dinners will surprise and delight your taste buds and take you on an adventure through the regional influences of the chef and his team.
To accommodate all Tenggara guests and their baggage comfortably, we suggest that you limit your baggage to 50 lbs total. This is including no more than three surfboards. To help minimise your luggage requirements, they offer a complimentary next day laundry service onsite. you can see our main “Essentials” checklist HERE but for Tenggara Point Lodge. Please note you do not need to bring towels as they are provided as well as basic toiletries.
No drugs allowed! Drug usage and possession in Indonesia carries heavy penalties. If any guest is found with illegal drugs they will be asked to immediately leave the premises.
Always use proper surf etiquette. You’re here to have fun, and while the chance to surf perfect waves in a small group is a unique opportunity, please ensure you spread the “love”.
While the environs of Tenggara Point Lodge are 100% secure, there is a safe deposit box in each villa for your peace of mind.
Please use sunscreen and remember to keep hydrated.
Housekeeping is every four days unless otherwise requested.
Feel free to leave behind any medications or donations for the locals. A little goes a long way here.
Feel free to bring your own reusable water bottle to save on waste and plastics.
Please put dirty clothes in the provided laundry basket and they will be laundered and returned to you.
Please leave dirty towels on the bathroom floor and we will give you fresh ones.
Please smoke in designated areas only.
The electricity supply is 220V -50HZ and runs 24 hours a day. Your villa will be equipped with an adaptor for Australian / US power supply.
Your local staff work hard to make your experience memorable. If you wish to leave a gratuity, please do so through the management so it can be distributed evenly to all team members. Your western surf guides work equally hard, if you wish to tip them, feel free to do so directly and discretely.
Feel free to ask any questions at any time! Don’t be shy OK? Your questions and input are invaluable as we refine our service and offering.
Frequently Asked Questions
HOW MANY BOARDS SHOULD I BRING?
We suggest a maximum of two to three boards per person. The normal board you ride at home is fine, and perhaps a slightly larger step-up. The swells they receive at TPL has a longer period and thus more energy than your regular beach break. The best advice we can give is to bring a board with more volume which will make paddling into waves much easier. Bring an extra leash and a cloth cover to protect your board in the boats, and wax!
ARE THERE ANY LOCAL CUSTOMS I NEED TO BE MINDFUL OF?
Local village customs require women to be more modest with their clothing. A wrap or sarong when not in the water or privacy of your bungalow is suggested. Men, too, if you’re heading into the village, choose a tee- shirt over a singlet. A little respect goes a long way.
WILL I BE ABLE TO CHECK MY EMAILS?
Of course. There is wireless internet access available throughout Tenggara Point Lodge, which is charged out at a fee, but if you’re hungry for data and speed, let us know in advance and we can arrange to purchase a local sim card for your smartphone.
DO I NEED TRAVEL INSURANCE?
ALL guests must have full comprehensive travel and medical insurance and should include at least a MedEvac option and compensation for lost charter days due to unforeseen circumstances or emergencies. Please make sure you bring a hard copy of your Travel Insurance documentation with you on your trip.
SHOULD I BRING MY OWN LAPTOP?
Should you need to work while you are away we recommend you bring your own laptop or tablet.
WHAT DOCUMENTS DO I NEED TO BRING?
• A passport with at least six months of validity remaining.
• 2 x COLOUR photocopies of your passport (photo page).
• Airline tickets. Remember to have your return ticket (or photocopy) on hand as you enter Indonesia, as evidence of your intention not to overstay.
• Travel insurance information.
• Itinerary and other travel documents.
• In case you misplace any vital documents you should also carry a back-up photocopy of your passport,
• I.D, and airline ticket with you at all times. It doesn’t hurt to leave another copy at home as well.
DO I NEED A VISA?
Australian And U.S passport holders are not required to obtain a visa for holidays in Indonesia shorter than 30 days. Guests from other countries are advised to check requirements.
HOW MUCH CASH WILL I NEED TO BRING, AND IN WHAT CURRENCY?
You will only need a small amount of Indonesian Rupiah (IDR) during your stay: typically this will be for local purchases outside of the resort. It doesn’t hurt to have a million Rupiah (approximately $100).
As far as resort services and products, we’ll have your credit card details to utilise and at the end of your trip.
CAN I BRING MY OWN ALCOHOL?
Yes. Visitors are permitted to bring one liter of spirits into Indonesia so feel free to bring what you’d like.
DUE TO MEDICAL OR PERSONAL REASONS I FOLLOW A SPECIAL DIET. CAN YOU ACCOMMODATE THIS?
Yes, with a minimum two weeks notice we can accommodate most requests.
HOW DO I LET YOU KNOW ABOUT ANY MEDICAL CONDITIONS.
You’ll see on your booking form there’s a space to indicate any existing medical conditions. Please remember to fill this out so we can be appropriately prepared for your visit.
DO I NEED TO TAKE MALARIA MEDICATION?
Whether or not to take anti-malarial medication is a matter of personal choice for our guests. Though not rampant, malaria is present in the region and they take the matter seriously.
The best policy is to avoid getting bitten by mosquitoes, and so regardless of your decision around anti-malarial medication, we strongly urge all our guests to wear repellant at dawn and dusk.
ARE THERE ANY OTHER HEALTH RISKS?
When venturing to any remote region, most travelers will usually update their tetanus and hepatitis shots.
Should you be taking any prescription medication, please ensure you bring the necessary paperwork that goes with it in case of an emergency.
For more travel health related information, please consult your doctor.
HOW MANY OTHER PEOPLE WILL I BE SURFING WITH?
The aim is to spend all surf sessions with just the people staying at the lodge – a maximum of eight surfers. While it’s possible that you’ll come across other surfers, rest assured you will get plenty of waves.
HOW LONG ARE THE TRIPS?
Trips to Tenggara generally range between seven and eleven days.